Saturday, November 3, 2012

Alive.



I love the thought of possibilities. The future is so mysterious, and there’s no telling where any of us will be tomorrow. How often do we wake up thinking, “This could be the best day of my life”?  Because truly, every day could be that day for any one of us, catching us by surprise. Maybe we wouldn’t know until years later. Maybe we’ll look back on that day and wish we could relive it knowing just what to appreciate. Maybe we’ll regret where our focus was, but maybe we’ll look back on our best moments and cherish everything about them. Maybe we’ll be happy with the way we lived our lives. So I have a question: what if we learn to appreciate our lives just as they are? What if we live life on its own terms and find anything and everything to be grateful for? What if we trust that there is good in every situation and hope in the beauty of shared pain and shared happiness? We can really live. Let’s learn to be alive.

2 comments:

  1. Approval has been granted. Not that you needed any, but I thought you should know I LOVE THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I need your approval! Thanks so much love :)

    ReplyDelete