Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall into place.

"She and I met back in the winter of 2009 at a party, and from there we hit it off. Looking back, we both could say we left behind who we were, but we never left behind one another. Even though we had very little time together, it felt amazing; I never knew I had missed her that much until I had her there with me.

Friends will come and go. It's our job as individuals to find those we can't live without, tell them how much they mean to us, and then never let them out of our lives. Without her, I dunno where I'd be. Honestly, I'm not thinking about that reality."

It's funny how I thought he meant the words he wrote about me. Looking back, I think he meant them as something more than I thought he did, and when he gave up on me, he shut me out for good.

It's funny how he could love someone for five years, help them through some of their hardest times, and then change his mind about them because of someone else's negative opinion and hurtful words.

It's funny how every time I walk by someone who smells like him, I remember so clearly when he started wearing that cologne and I complimented him every time he wore it. That was over two years ago now.

It's funny how I never even wanted anything more than friendship with him, yet he could still hurt me like this. I guess there are many forms of vulnerability and there is more than one part of my heart that should be guarded.

It's funny how my past is gone, even though I tried to cling to it with all my strength. It has been cut off, and I'm finally letting go and moving on. I'm letting go of all the people I never could give up before. It seems like I needed them to cut me off so that I could become attached to other, better people that God provides.

Friends will come and go, but no matter how much we think we can't live without someone, it's always possible. Sometimes it feels like they took part of us when they left, but we will adjust and our hearts will heal. If a person believes the words of someone else when you entrusted them with the truth, you need to find better friends, ones who actually love you. Friendship isn't about nice words, although that is one aspect of it, but it is about acceptance, commitment, and trust. I loved that boy, and I trusted him because he had given me so many reasons to in the past. What a shame that he didn't deserve it in the end. I am only thankful that I can still trust other people and the consequences of his actions don't carry over into my current relationships. This has only made me free to let other people in, to support other people and love them. In the end, I am thankful for this. In the end, I understand that friends come and go. We needed each other at one time, but that time is gone and it's okay. I'm okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment