Monday, February 11, 2013

June can't come soon enough.

There is so much to be thankful for, sometimes it's overwhelming. Life's valleys and hills can be surprisingly close together, and today is a very high hill. My sister is having a baby BOY! It's easy to get caught up in the fact that she's sick and the stress that goes along with that, but there will be a baby in her arms after this pregnancy. That's something to look forward to. There's no way to describe how much I love my niece and nephews. The better I know them, the more my love grows and it's unconditional and overwhelming. It's something I didn't know was possible until I met Olivia for the first time, 9 days before my 17th birthday. She was the most perfect, wonderful thing I had ever seen and she changed me. People say I'll love my own children even more someday, but I'm convinced that isn't possible. It may be a different kind of love, but not greater. Olivia and Brody might be the biggest blessings in my life so far, and now there is another boy on the way. It's impossible to realistically imagine someone before you meet them, but I already know a few things about this baby. He will be perfect and precious and loved, just like his sister and cousin are. In June, I will get to hold him for the first time and the thought almost makes me cry with excitement. I love this baby boy. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment