Monday, January 28, 2013

Passenger Seat

It's been almost a month since my last post. During that month, so much has changed. Christmas break ended, I've made new friends at school and come to terms with losing some old friends. I've come to terms with the fact that people change. Nearly all things change, but life goes on. It seems that as I get older, life speeds up and the changes that happen accelerate as well. I've never been very good at adjusting to change, but I'm trying to live in the present, accepting life as God gives it to me. In all honesty, there is very little I can control and it's becoming easier to accept that. My life is not in my own hands and my responsibility is to be grateful for what I have as I ride along in the passenger's seat. God is giving me peace.


"I roll the window down
And then begin to breathe in
The darkest country road
And the strong scent of evergreen
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

Then looking upwards
I strain my eyes and try
To tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

'Do they collide?'
I ask, and you smile.
With my feet on the dash,
The world doesn't matter.

'When you feel embarrassed then I'll be your pride.
When you need directions then I'll be the guide
For all time.
For all time. '"
-Death Cab For Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment